When you or your company makes a mistake follow these 5 rules:
- Speed - This rule underscores the other four rules. Relationships are perishable. Problems are like cancer. The quicker you act the more is preserved.
- Understand - Use your empathic listening to fully understand the problem or issue.
- Apologize - Saying that you’re sorry is an amazing elixir for healing. It doesn’t have to be your fault for you to express that you’re sorry.
- Fix - Remediate the problem.
- Confirm - Check-in to make sure that all is well and to see if you can be of additional assistance.